13 Mar Financial Controller
Responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Directors in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing and Building a financial department of staff for day-to-day operations.
Financial Controller Job Duties:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports in Unison with Directors Strategic Planning
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Directors with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the Directors in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Financial Controller Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a business or finance environment; management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards. Must be conversant in the use of Sage and be familiar with the internal workings of a complex CRM System.
Salary Level/ Benefits:
28k-30k Dependant on Experience. (Promotional Scope to Chief Finance Officer- £35k-£40k)
Usual Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday 8am- 5pm (Additional Hours as and when demand arises)
Standard 4 weeks Holiday period with the addition of Bank Holidays
Place of Work:
Potential to be split between Ellesmere Port Facility and New Wrexham Head Office.